The 10 "Be's" of Homeschooling
1. BE AVAILABLE! Homeschooling is not hard, nor do the actual
classes need to take much time, but it is important that your
children find you available 24/7.
2. BE INTERESTED! Keep your child's heart, and their hunger for
learning, by being interested in all the do and bring to you,
even the worms!
3. BE A PARTNER IN LEARNING! Teach researching skills when they
are young, creating a habit to serve them when older.
4. BE FLEXIBLE! Do not be so set in schedules and classes that
you miss the real learning, bonding and loving experiences.
5. BE THRIFTY! Homeschooling does not have to cost an arm and a
leg. God can direct you into terrific opportunities and
resources for learning.
6. BE ORGANIZED! This is so important for our peace of mind! Our
schools and our homes will run much smoother when we conquer
7. BE DILIGENT! Consistency and schedules are important! Habit
and hard work at God's priorities, teach more than we realize!
8. BE THE EXAMPLE! When our children see that we are under an
Authority, and obedient to Him, they will likewise subject
themselves to God's and parents' authority.
9. BE LOVING AND KIND! Maintain your peace and don't chase away
the Holy Spirit by "blowing up." We can do all things through
Christ! It helps to make sure you have a quiet time every
morning, no matter how early you must get up!
10. BE BLESSED! Homeschooling is a wonderful opportunity and
lifestyle that we would not trade for any other! Enjoy your
children. Before you know it, they will be stepping out of your
arms into life!