Nine Good Irish Quotes and Proverbs
The Irish, those who hail the country of Ireland, both by birth
and those who simply claim it, are a God-fearing and unique
group of people. It is said that everybody has been an Irish
Catholic at least once in their lives. Who won't join in the
festivities of St. Patrick's Day celebrations? Attributed to the
Irish are hundreds of thousands of quotes over the centuries,
and here are a few of their best. Enjoy, and feel free to use
for yourself as often as you like.
1. "There is no language like the Irish for soothing and
quieting."~~ By John Millington Synge~~
2. "St. Patrick's Day is an enchanted time -- a day to begin
transforming winter's dreams into summer's magic."~~ By Adrienne
3. "Ireland is rich in literature that understands a soul's
yearnings, and dancing that understands a happy heart."~~ By
4. "Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four
essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar, and fat."~~ By
5. "Maybe it's bred in the bone, but the sound of pipes is a
little bit of heaven to some of us." ~~ By Nancy O'Keeefe.~~
6. "In Ireland the inevitable never happens and the unexpected
constantly occurs." ~~ By Sir John Pentland Mahaffy.~~
7. "Long life to you, a wet mouth, and death in Ireland"
8. "A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures"
9. "I believe in the sun when it's not shining, I believe in
love even when I feel it not, I believe what whiskey will not
cure, there is no cure for."
Many of the quotes that are attributed to Ireland are those that
are full of dealing with strife and problems. For many
individuals in Ireland's history, their lives were anything but
easy. They struggled to find food, homes and shelter many times.
And, when they had that there was disease ravishing them. For
those in Ireland, many quotes are very religious in nature as
well. The goal of each is to inspire or just to learn to deal
with the things that were put at their feet.