Russia and Her Allies Will Attack Israel
This next event will be a major one! The Bible says that in the latter days, Russia and what appears to be Iran, Libya, Turkey and possibly Sudan will descend upon Israel and try to destroy her.
Israel will have no chance to win against this large army that will attempt to come against her. However, as you will see in the Scripture verse listed below, God the Father will come to her rescue and will literally wipe this army off the face of the earth. Here are the basic facts and Scripture verses that will tell you exactly what is going to happen with this awesome event.
1. The word "Gog" as will be mentioned in the Scripture verse below has been determined by many Bible historians to be referring to what is now the country of Russia.
The other strange names that you will see listed below have been determined to be Iran, Libya, Turkey and possibly Poland and Sudan. All of these countries will be joining forces with Russia to try and destroy Israel. You already know that most of the Arab nations hate Israel and would love nothing better than to have a chance to wipe her out.
2. When reading the Scripture verses listed below, you will notice that it appears to be God the Father who is the One who will be pulling Russia and her allies out to come against His chosen people. The Bible says:
"I will turn you around, put hooks into your jaws and lead you out."
3. The Bible says that Israel will be dwelling safely in her land when this event happens - so this cannot be occurring at the midpoint of the Tribulation. It has to occur sometime before the midpoint. The Jews will not be living in peace and safety during the midpoint of the Tribulation because the Antichrist will be starting to massacre them once he sits himself in their temple proclaiming himself to be God.
The Bible says that after God destroys this army that will come against Israel, that it will take seven months to bury the dead and 7 years to burn all of their weapons left on the battlefield. If it is going to take 7 years to burn their weapons, this event will probably occur at least 7 years if not longer before the midpoint of the Tribulation to give the Jewish people that amount of time to be able to complete this kind of task. Remember, in the first half of the Tribulation, the Antichrist will make establish some kind of peace treaty with Israel -which may help explain how Israel could be in any kind of peace as described in the Scripture verse below.
4. How does God destroy this army coming against His people? He will do it in 6 ways. This will be the wrath of God coming into full manifestation against this invading army! God will be releasing the following judgments against this army:
- A great earthquake
- Pestilence, disease and bloodshed
- A torrent of flooding rain
- Great hailstones
- Will pour down fire and brimstone
- This army will then be so decimated by all of the above judgments, that they will then start fighting and killing on another - probably in an effort to get away from all of this which they will not be able to do.
The Bible says that God will have "FURY IN HIS FACE" and that He will render all of the above judgments because of the JEALOUSY FOR HIS OWN PEOPLE. His fury and jealousy in seeing this army try to come against His chosen people will cause Him to release His Wrath against them in full force.
The release of His wrath will be so powerful when He releases these specific judgments against this invading army - that the Bible says that all the creatures and all of the people on this earth will be shaking at His presence.
I believe God is making a powerful statement to the rest of the world with this event. The Scripture verse listed below says that God will magnify Himself and that all of the nations of the world will know that He is the Lord after all of these events unfold!
I believe that this one event alone will cause a lot of people to get saved. It will be so supernatural in its outcome, that people will be looking for answers - and if the Church has not been raptured at this point, Christians will be able to provide answers to the rest of the world as to what just happened and how it all was prophesied to occur back in the Old Testament.
The Scripture Verse
1. Here is the main verse that very clearly and very graphically describes this incredible event. This verse is out of Ezekiel in the Old Testament.
"Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying, "Son of man, set your face against Gog, the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meschech, and Tubal, and prophesy against him," and say,