Do You Have What it Takes to be a Successful Petite Model?
Want to break into the petite modeling industry but wondering if you have what it takes to succeed? There are lots of magazine modeling opportunities for good modeling jobs. Take this quiz to find out if you qualify to be the next top face in the petite modeling industry. Answer honestly. These 15 questions will tell you what your chances are of being able to make it as a top paid model.
1. Are you between 4 feet 9 inches and 5 feet 7 inches tall?
2. Do people often tell you you're pretty or cute?
3. Do you have nice eyes, are they almond shaped?
4. Do you have a really nice smile and straight white teeth?
5. Do you sit and stand in a straight manner with correct posture?
6. Are you friendly and work well with others?
7. Are you a size 9/10 or smaller?
8. Would you accept a modeling job in a magazine but with no pay?
9. Is your hair well cared for and does it have style?
10. If called, could you get the right clothing for a modeling job?
11. Do you wear the latest fashion styles? Do you give others fashion advice?
12. Are you willing to travel to get started in your modeling career?
13. Have you dreamed of being a model for more than 3 years?
14. Do you like wearing make-up and having someone style your hair?
15. Do you wear makeup everyday?
Answers to the quiz:
1. This is the big one most models dread. Are you under 5'9"? If so score yourself 5 points. If you are 5'9" and taller, but less than 6'2", then score yourself 5 additional bonus points. Being short does not mean you cannot model. Your chances to do high fashion runway are out, but there are thousands of modeling jobs you can do even if you are under the modeling agency 5'9" limit! So don't sweat it if you are short.
2. If you hear this often, then give yourself 10 points. If people say that, then you likely have a good model look!
3. If you answered "YES" then give yourself 5 points. The eyes are one of your most important features and counts double in your score as a model. If your eyes are nicely almond shaped, give yourself 5 bonus points!
4. If you answered "YES" to a really nice smile, give yourself 5 points. Do you wear braces? If you do give yourself 5 bonus points! First, you are in the process of straightening your teeth. Second, your braces won't be on forever. Braces aren't a problem in the modeling business like it used to be. In fact it can be a bit of a fashion statement depending on the client and the job.
5. Believe it or not your posture is a major part of your overall look. If you don't stand or sit straight, you will lack potential to become a good model. If you answered "YES", then score yourself 5 points. If you have the ability to arch your back in a reverse curve, score yourself 5 bonus points.
6. Clients love to work with people who have a great personality. If you are friendly, out- going and not afraid to talk, score yourself 5 points! If you are the type of person who never met a stranger and can talk to just about anyone, score yourself 5 bonus points.
7. Here's a really tough one! If you are over dress size 9/10, then TAKE OFF 25 points from your score. This may sound harsh and unfair but remember this is the petite modeling industry and clients want a figure this size or smaller. If you are a size 9/10 or smaller, score yourself 10 points.
8. If a client calls wanting you to model for no pay but excellent experience, would you answer "YES or "NO"? If you said "YES", give yourself 10 bonus points for being anxious to model no matter what the pay is. Getting your foot in the door by showing you have experience is one of the best ways to launch your career. The competition is so stiff in the industry that without this valuable experience a client may very likey pass you on for a different model.
9. If you have a great hairstyle and it has been trimmed or cut in the past month give yourself 10 points. If you have roots which are grown out and are visible, take off 20 points! If your hair is clean and manageable without any strange "special effects", give yourself 5 additional bonus points for taking good care of your hair and keeping the look mainstream so you can work with the largest number of clients possible!
10. If you said "YES" I can get a required wardrobe together easily, give yourself 10 points. If you said, "hey I'm the model, aren't you supposed to provide my clothes?", then take off 20 points. If on the other hand you said "Gosh, I don't have all that stuff, but if I have to I'll call all my friends to see if I can borrow theirs, or if I have to I'll run to the store and get it!" Give yourself 10 points for going the extra mile to do whatever it takes to succeed! This shows a client you are great to work with and can boost your career.
11. Keeping current with the latest fashion trends is very important in being prepared as a model. If you have excellent fashion sense and wear up to the minute clothing styles, give yourself 5 points. If you give others fashion advice add another 5 points.
12. If you would travel over 200 miles to do a modeling assignment, give yourself 10 points. Modeling nearly always involves some type of travel.
13. If modeling is what you have dreamed of for more than 3 years give yourself 10 points. Desire makes all the difference in the world.
14. Give yourself 5 points if you said "YES".
15. If you wear make-up everyday, you are very comfortable wearing make-up and would have no problem during a modeling assignment. Give yourself 5 points if your wear make-up daily!
If you scored between 125 to 155 points your chances of becoming a successful petite model are very high!
If you scored between 100 to 124 points you need some help but could still make it as a model.
If you scored below 100 points you may have some trouble becoming a successful model and should consider another career.
About the Author
Find out how to break into the petite modeling industry, and get your face in front of hundreds of clients looking for petite and average models at http://www.petite-modeling.info