Encouragement--Heart At Work
Encouragement can have a very powerful effect on bosses and co-workers. The literal meaning of the word, encourage, is to put heart into. When this definition is applied to work situations, it suggests:
- Stirring, inspiring and motivating bosses and co-workers with hope, courage and confidence.
- Giving team members a vote of confidence.
- Boosting morale by expressing approval and offering support to others in the office.
- Lifting people up and moving them to do the things they need to do to achieve company and career objectives.
- Empowering direct reports and peers to grow professionally and reach their full potential.
- Stimulating cooperation and collaboration between work units, departments or the company as a whole.
Encouragement & Failure
Everyone needs encouragement. Bosses and co-workers alike face difficult situations and make mistakes or fail on a daily basis. They need help to cope with disappointment, fear, doubt and uncertainty. It has been said,