10 Tips for Prom Dress Shopping
1. Prom dresses run at least one size smaller just like wedding
gowns so pick dresses a size larger and you'll get a perfect fit.
2. Keep an open mind. Try on lots of different styles of
dresses. You might love a dress you never thought you'd wear.
3. Dresses look better on you than on the hanger--so try it on.
4. Listen to the opinions of your mom and/or friends as to what
styles and colors look good on you. Just because you like the
dress in an ad, doesn't mean it's the dress for you.
5. Let the salesperson help you try on the dresses. They help
you zip and lace up the dresses, hang them back up and save you
6. Listen to the salesperson's ideas because they know which
body type the dresses look good on. They know which styles are
hot and which styles have a great fit.
7. There's no way to guarantee that you'll be the only one at
prom with your dress since girls buy from bridal shops in
neighboring towns and also online. Let your friends know which
dress you buy so that they will be able choose another style.
8. Starting shopping in January or February when the selection
of prom dresses is the largest. Buy your dress a couple of
months before your prom to have lots of time for alterations. 9.
Almost every prom dress will need some alterations for a perfect
fit. Always buy your prom shoes before your alteration
appointment so the dress can hemmed to correct length.
10. Consider buying your accessories and shoes at the time you
buy your dress. You'll have the dress on when trying on jewelry
and shoes so you can see the complete look before you buy.