Ten Ways to Blow It in a Relationship
What do you do when you've attracted a lovely person into your
life and now you're terrified you're going to blow it? Or,
terrified it's going to end?
Arm yourself with the following strategies, and you're sure to
blow it in a relationship right from the start.
1. Assume the person is your soul mate immediately upon meeting
or shortly thereafter. Look for signs that faith has brought you
together and be amazed by the correlations in your lives.
2. Forget about your life, your friends, your self-care. When
you have a soul mate, why would you need a life outside of the
3. Reveal everything, and test your partner with your worst
behavior. Let it all hang out. After all, if this is truly your
soul mate, he or she will love you no matter what.
4. Have sex right away. If you are meant to be together for a
lifetime, you might as well get started on the fun part right
5. Ignore anything about your partner that does not mesh with
your values, lifestyle, or belief system. True love can conquer
such insignificant differences.
6. Do lots of drama together. Job, family, and life crises are
great ways to establish a relationship and test whether or not
you are meant to be together.
7. Spend as much time together as possible. When it's true love,
you can't bear to let your partner out of your sight.
8. Ignore behavior that crosses your boundaries or hurts your
feelings. It's true love, so it's ok.
9. Lavish a huge amount of attention on your partner or expect a
huge amount of attention to be lavished on you. How else would
you act if you finally found your soul mate?
10. Push the relationship forward and demand that it go deeper,
in spite of where your partner is emotionally. You have the
right to have the relationship be exactly how you want it to be
and your soul mate owes you that.
If you want some insurance that your new relationship has every
chance of making it, be