Time Management Tips For Success
Successfull time management is important in all areas of life.
If you can become the master of your time then you will reap the
reward in both your business and personal life. We are all
guilty of wasting time and putting things of till tomorrow, but
the more you can effectively manage your time then the happier
you will become. Take a look at the tips below and try and
implement them in your life.
1) Have a schedule - Detail how you will plan to spend your day.
If you divide your time into blocks with the tasks you need to
complete that day then this will help you stay focused and
motivated to complete things on time as well as not miss
2) Stick to it - Its important that once you have created your
schedule you actually do your best to stick to it. From time to
time you wont be able to due to circumstances, but this should
be the exception and not the rule.
3) To do lists - I find these really helpfull. As jobs crop up
add them to your list, which you can then go through a schedule
time to complete them.
4) Don't waste time - Its all to easy to find a diversion when
your trying to work. Stop checking your emails every 5 minutes,
or looking at website stats, or just generally browsing the
internet looking at rubbish. You may have a collegue at work who
never stops talking, in which case do your best to avoid them.
5) Goal setting - You may find it helpfull to give your self
little incentives in your schedule. Maybe a break for coffee
after completing certain tasks in your schedule or a trip to a
restaurant at the end of the week if you have acheived what you
set out to on monday.
6) Outsourcing - If you are lucky enough to have people to be
able to pass certain jobs onto then make sure you utilise them
to their full potential. Look at your to do list and delegate
7) Relaxation - Make sure you always leave time to unwind. If
you don't take time every day to have some form of relaxation
then you will probably just lead yourself to needing to take off
long periods due to stress. This is your time so do what makes
you happy and allows you to unwind.