The Benefit of Home Schooling - 8 Reasons to Educate Your Child
Making the decision to home school is, on the face of it, not an
easy one. There are many questions that need to be asked, and
answered, before you can take this very significant step in your
child's education. What can influence the decision is an idea of
some of the benefits of home schooling.
So here are some things to think of.
1. Your child will get one to one attention with you. The issues
associated with large class sizes will be gone forever.
2. Noone knows your child better than you, so you can tailor the
lessons to suit your child. That will be something that could
never happen in a conventional class room.
3. If your child is someone who is particularly susceptible to
peer pressure, then home schooling can alleviate the problem.
With your child completely under your control, you not only
dictate the curricular activities, but the friends and social
elements of their day.
4. Family life can return to how it should be. No more strangers
passing at the breakfast table.
5. Many children get wrongly labeled with 'learning
difficulties' when all that they needed was a different
approach. If your child falls into this category, you will be
best placed to evaluate your child's needs and requirements.
6. Scientific studies indicate that home schooled children can
come out ahead in every measurement. Other factors may affect
this of course, but the indications are that home schooled
children achieve more academic success than their traditionally
7. Research also indicates that home schooled children actually
have better social skills than traditionally schooled children.
This rather flies in the face of most people's beliefs.
8. Although not a statistic that should affect your decision
making, every child taken out of the state controlled education
system actually saves the tax payer around $9000 per pupil per
Whilst it is not a task to be undertaken lightly, there are
compelling reasons for educating your child at home. It can be
argued of course that the benefit of home schooling will not be
so strong for all children, but equally, there are many who
could benefit significantly from home tutoring.
The article was written by Charlie Cory, who is the owner of
Teaching Your Kids. Teaching Your Kids provides advice about
home schooling your children.
Visit his website about the benefit of home schooling now.